Monday, June 27, 2011

And Baby makes 5!

It's been way too long since I've updated this! In January Will and I found out we were expecting our newest addition. We were both super excited as we had been trying for almost a year. I'm due September 25, so I'm 27 weeks now. It's been awesome feeling the baby move around though I must say I don't feel quite as connected w/this babe as I did w/my other 2. I think it has something to do w/the fact that I am so busy tending to the other 2, so I don't have as much chatting time w/this one. Ella is super excited about meeting her brother or sister (and especially about holding him/her-of course, she really would prefer a sister!) and Caleb gets the concept (I think), but he's started to be extra clingy lately, so I'm afraid it will be quite the adjustment for him when this one pops out. Caleb will be celebrating his 3rd b-day October 5, just 10 days after my due date. I hope to at least make that day a little special for him as much as I can. He'll need lots of extra attention, I'm sure. And it doesn't help that he decided to stop his "Me-Me" about 2 months ago; at least if he were still drinking some breastmilk, I could comfort him w/that and he could share some special time w/baby. He's stuck in that transition from baby to little boy. From wanting to do it all himself to sometimes still needing his Mommy to hold him. And that's okay-I'm in no hurry for him to grow up.

We aren't going to find out the sex of the baby-it will be a surprise once again. And so far, we have come to no agreement on girl names. I think if it's a boy, it may be Luke. We shall see. And we're planning on a homebirth once again with Lisa Byrd as our midwife, but we're still praying about it as we're open to God directing us to the birth center if He thinks that's where we need to be (it's much closer to a hospital than we are at our house.) I think this time around I won't even try for a waterbirth; Caleb's birth was fine w/out it. And it will be easier not to have to worry about setting it up. I'm glad to have had the experience with Ella's birth though.

And speaking of Ella, she just finished up her first year of homeschooling! She's now officially a 1st grader! It was a wonderful though at times trying experience. God still has much to teach me about patience. But the awesome thing is my little girl knows how to read! Her current favorite easy reader series is Henry & Mudge. I think we'll continue with Math-U-See next year, she'll continue reading books, and we'll introduce Story of the World. Science will be more nature studies outside, and we will continue reading through the Gospels and memorizing Scripture. Not sure how baby #3 and baby #2 (who is starting to take more sporadic naps) will all fit into this, but I'm sure God will give the grace we all need to get it done.

Hopefully I'll update this come October with a wonderful birth story.


21 weeks.

No comments: