Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter at the Lake

Saturday after the reunion, we went to the lake to spend the night w/my mom and step-dad. Ella had been looking forward to it for weeks. We went to church w/them on Sunday (I'm so excited they have a church they both enjoy going to!) and heard a wonderful cantata about our risen Christ.

During the service they also had a movie playing of Christ's ministry, and it just amazed me that when it came time for His crucifixion, no one spoke up for Him. He had healed so many, yet, everyone continued to shout "Release, Barabbas." For some reason, I had never thought about this before. Will and I talked about it later and he said he was thinking the same thing, but we had to remember that this was in Jerusalem and most of His ministry had been in surrounding cities. Word also traveled slowly in those days-it wasn't like everyone knew right away that He was being crucified. And of course I know this was God's divine plan. Even if people had tried to intervene, it would have proven useless. It just makes me more grateful for my Savior. He knew when He was healing all those people and especially when he was teaching his disciples, that they would all desert him, yet he did it anyway. And He suffered alone there for me. Unfathomable love.

Mom cooked a wonderful meal for us-ham, butterbeans (cooked in fatback-absolutely delicious but glad I don't eat that way everyday!), corn, mashed potatoes, rolls, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yum! Then we dyed and hid eggs and Ella had the best time.
Now you hide them, Mommy. Now Daddy. Now Grandma and Grandpa.
Sometimes she wanted to hide them with us. :-) Once she even hid them from me-in one spot-all lined up in a perfect row.

Lastly, we went on a very relaxing boat ride and Ella fell asleep in my arms (kind of tricky since she had a life jacket on-poor thing-she could hardley move w/out rolling off!). I even took a brief nap as well. And Will said again as we were driving home how much he'd love to live there. Of course, he'd be out fishing everyday.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration as well-we definitely have reason to rejoice, for "He is not here; He has risen just as He said."

4 comments:

Emily said...

Absolutely love the pictures! Ella is an angel. I like the close-ups by the lake...the lighting is nice and you captured some good expressions. So glad you had a nice time with Gpa and Gma. :)

Mary said...

What sweet pictures from Easter. Hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating our risen Savior!

rcsnickers said...

She is such a doll! Glad you got to see your parents. It is amazing all that Christ went through for us! We truly do not deserve his love but he gracefully gives it to us no matter what!

Elizabeth said...

I can't get over how tall and grown up Ella is now. Love the photos and photographer!