Banana Split Cake
Prep: 15 min (or if you're like me, 45 min.)
Refrigerating time: 5 hours
Total time: Plan on 6 hours
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I personally think that buying the crackers and then crushing them w/a rolling pin-or allowing Ella too-is much more fun and tastes bettter than buying the ready-made crumbs in the box)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened (neufchatel cheese, which has 1/3 less fat than regular cream cheese, works great, too.)
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 6 medium bananas, divided
- 2 cups milk (I'm pretty sure I usually use skim milk-I'm telling you even if you make this as "healthy" for you as possible, it will still taste delicious!)
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) vanilla flavor instant pudding & pie filling (fat-free, sugar-free kind if you like)
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Mix crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter; press onto bottom of 13x9 pan. Freeze for 10 min.
Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar in bowl w/electric mixer until well blended. Carefuly spread cream cheese mixture over crust; top w/pineapple. Slice 4 of the bannas; arrange over pineapple.
Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat w/wire whisk for 2 min. or until well blended. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over banana layer in pan. Top w/remaining whipped topping. Lastly, sprinkle w/pecans.
Refrigerate 5 hours. Just before serving, slice remaining bananas; arrange over dessert. Makes approximately 24 servings. YUMMY!